If anyone has some information that they want to add then please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
1932 - Club Founded. Footage of the LMC skiing at Glencoe is available here.
Early Forays of the club included climbing in the Arrochar Alps
1940's club logo
The 1944 journal is available to read here.
1970 - LMC are one of the 21 founding members of what is now the MCofS
1973 - Peter Scott killed in a motorcycle accident on way home from evening jcragging on the Whangie
The Manse Barn acquired and converted into a mountaineering hut by a band of dedicated club members including: - Ken Johnstone - Willie Johnstone - and more…………
1978 - Ken Johnstone and Pete Ogden make first ascent of Spacewalk on Aonach Dubh
1980 - Ken Johnston and 'Cubby' Cuthbertson climb 3 new E5 routes on the Cobbler.
1989 - Gordon Longmuir and Graham McGill make an attempt on the Eiger North Face
On the Hinterstoisser Traverse
The Manse Barn 21year lease ends, after a further 5 year lease is signed and terminated, a new landlord verbally agrees to keep the hut for use of the LMC.
Club sadly loses the Manse Barn. Hunt for new hut goes on..