The Lomond Mountaineering Club was founded in 1932 and is open to climbers, walkers and all who want to have fun in the hills (or on the beach) nothing is excluded and we welcome all ages (over 18 years) and at any level of experience.
The Club aims to help its members to pursue the sport of mountaineering and stuff by providing the following:
- Regular weekend meets, huts, camping or day meets.
- Mountaineering skill days to learn from each other’s experience.
- Membership of the Mountaineering Council of Scotland. The MCofS acts as a representative body for mountaineers in Scotland and offers a range of benefits (use of huts, free third party liability insurance, competitive Personal Accident Insurance, free newsletters, cheap skills courses, reciprocal rights with the BMC and European Federations) For further details see http://www.mcofs.org.uk/.
- A monthly pub meet on a Wednesday to provide the opportunity to organize informal day or weekend trips for club members, to meet potential climbing partners and to talk about recent mountaineering trips.
- Wednesday night climbing either at the Ibrox Climbing wall or at a local crag in the summer, come and climb outside and meet new climbing partners
- Wednesday night presentations by club members during the on variety of topics, including slide shows, skill training etc.
- Access to members area of the website.
- An available discount at some (e.g. Cotswold) outdoor shops.
There are also organized social events during the year: a BBQ in summer, Burns Supper in January, an annual dinner in autumn and Christmas dinner.
New members are advised to contact us for a meet before joining using the email address at the bottom of this page. You can join the website as a potential member to allow you to access the forum and arrange to go out in the hills. You are expected to become a paid up member of the club within about 60 days, after this time, if we haven't seen you, your website login will be automatically disabled.
Once you have paid through PayPal you will be redirected to a login/registration page.
The cost to join or renew is £25 (£15 Student/unwaged) and a membership is valid from 1 April until 31 March. For new members joining after 1 Jan the reduced fee is £10 (£5 unwaged). Membership can be obtained by:
£25.00 Select this button:-
£15.00 Select this button:-
You can contact us for further information by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org